320 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 308 Encinitas, CA 92024
Board Certified Pain Management & Anesthesiology
ABOUT THE DOCTOR
Dr. Kumar is a board-certified and fellowship trained pain management consultant. He is an active staff physician at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, and local surgical centers.
He has an extensive educational background and the most up-to-date medical training in pain management. His interest in pain medicine stems from his research background in chronic pain and spinal physiology, and he utilizes this knowledge in his private practice. He is published in medical journals, is active in numerous medical societies, has lectured extensively on epidural analgesia and opioid pharmacology, and remains involved in medical student education.
Dr. Kumar is a long time local resident of San Diego, growing up and living most of his life in North County. He enjoys spending time with his wife and 5 year-old twins, Max and Chloe, his friends, and his dogs. He feels privileged to live in, and care for the patients of North County, San Diego.
– A Focus on Diagnostics, with an emphasis on identifying and treating the underlying causes of pain. Individualized treatment plans for each patient.
– A Multidisciplinary Approach utilizing pharmacological therapy, interventional procedures, physical therapy and exercise to facilitate improved function and quality of life.
– Efforts to avoid or Minimize Narcotic Dependency when possible. Educate on the limitations and efficacy of narcotic medications in various pain syndromes. Aim to stabilize doses in opioid tolerant patients. To taper or detox narcotic medications when medically necessary.
– We utilize the most Up-to-Date Pain Management techniques and interventional therapies available.
– Non-Surgical Pain Solutions, with referral for orthopedic or neurosurgical consultation when medically indicated.
UCLA, Physiology, Summa Cum Laude, 1998
UCLA School of Public Health; Biostatistics, 2000
UCSD School of Medicine, 2004
Internal Medicine, UMC, Las Vegas, 2005
Anesthesiology, UCSD, 2008
Interventional Pain Management, UCSD, 2009
Honors and Awards:
Dean Scholarship UCSD School of Medicine
Medical Honor Society
Pain Management 2009
Specialty: Anesthesiology, Pain Management
© 2017 San Diego Injury Network